Client & role summary: They are one of the largest commodity traders around the globe and they are looking for a Sanctions officer with an experience in transactions Due diligence activities.
- Monitor and analyze modifications in regulations and sanctions from different authorities.
- Carry out investigations using screening tools, customer databases, and vessel screening tools to identify modifications in sanctions lists.
- Perform open-source investigation related to sanctions.
- Execute thorough assessments on counterparties and transactions, evaluating alerts on sanctions from payment filters and trading systems.
- Resolve conflicts involving sanctions, export control, and non-sanctions.
- Offer advice and direction to the business and compliance teams regarding transnational commodity trading and marketing activities, evaluating sanctions and reputational hazards based on relevant regulations and internal policies.
- Academic degree in Finance, Law, Economics or relevant other degrees
- Fluency in English, other languages are plus
- Good communication skills
- Has a passion in Sanctions area
- Several working years of experience in a similar position within a financial institutions
- Good knowledge of IT tools
For more information, please reach out to Yagiz Cakmak