We are partnering with a high-performing hedge fund that is seeking an investment management lawyer as an expansion hire to their Legal team. This position will play a critical role in fund formation, investor-facing, and regulatory legal work for the firm. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to be part of a collaborative team and receive mentorship internally, while also contributing in a lean environment where you can have a high impact on the success of the fund.
- Play a lead role in fund formation and fund structuring activities, including but not limited to drafting and negotiating side letters, subscriptions docs, partnership agreements, etc.
- Provide support on various corporate Legal matters such as purchase and sale agreements, confidentiality agreements, vendor agreements, and more
- Assist on regulatory matters related to Advisers Act, Exchange Act, and Ethics issues
- Manage and oversee outside counsel
- JD from a top tier Law school
- 2-5 years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house as a fund attorney
- Fund formation and investment-related regulatory experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills