We are currently working with a boutique multi-family wealth management firm in New York City that is seeking an individual to serve in a dual General Counsel / Chief Operating Officer capacity. This hire is a result of strong performance and firm expansion, and this person will be a critical hire that will help run the company's operations as well as maintain legal & compliance programs for the business. The GC/COO will report to the CEO and will play a highly important role in the success of the firm.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts and agreements related to employment, deal, insurance, lease, third-party vendor agreements.
- Provide though leadership on various legal matters including applicable rules, regulations, guidelines and best practices.
- Advise on regulatory filings and remain informed of all regulatory changes impacting the company
- Design and oversee strategy for the legal department to ensure operational efficiency.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures and set comprehensive goals for performance
- Maintain and update policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- JD from a top tier Law school
- 8+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house within a financial services company or multi-family office
- Experience with federal securities laws and regulations
- Wealth management experience preferred
If you are interested in the General Counsel/COO role feel free to reach out with an updated copy of your resume.