Title: VP/Director- Risk Management
Location: New York City
*Corporate title to be determined based on YoE and previous experience*
A major Investment & Advisory Firm is looking to build out their Risk function, and is looking to bring on either a VP or Director to their Risk Management function. This individual would be reporting up to the Chief Finance Officer for the firm. Stepping into the seat, the firm is ideally looking for someone who can grow within their platform to eventually become their firmwide Head of Risk, and this individual will be responsible and accountable for risk oversight for all risk-taking activities within the firm, including coverage of Sales and Trading, Investment Banking M&A Advisory and the financing business.
- Program financial risk methodologies in VBA, SQL, MS Access, and MS Excel and implement them into risk management reporting, as needed. Oversee ongoing maintenance of existing risk reporting processes.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the market, credit, and liquidity risk methodologies behind the firm's risk management reporting infrastructure
- Identify real-time financial risks using knowledge of financial markets
- Conduct firm-wide liquidity reporting by monitoring balances and requirements held at different institutions, ensuring accuracy and by using liquidity projection analysis
- Periodic review risk instruments to ensure methodologies comprehensively cover all types of risk for each trading category. Maintain technical documentation
- A degree in Financial Engineering, Risk Management, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other related fields
- 7-10 years of professional industry experience in financial services, ideally within an independent Risk Management team or in an ancillary role such as Finance or Operations with significant exposure to risk management practices.
- Proficient in Excel VBA (or proficient in other programming languages with the ability to learn VBA quickly)
- Understanding of financial products, markets and trading, as well as Capital Markets regulations