VP Full Stack Software Engineer
Company Summary: Join a leading global investment bank who is looking to build out their Wholesale Loans Technology team in their Chicago office. They are looking for a strong VP Java Developer. The team will be working on an inhouse application platform, a multi-year strategic investment into workflow processing for 3,000 users. This program leverages Agile and fortress architecture principles. Do you find yourself to be someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, who thinks strategically, in an innovative way? If yes, please reach out to learn more.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design, analyze, develop, test, debug, and model the system components necessary to produce potentially shippable product iterations with each sprint.
- Deliver high quality code that complies with standards and satisfies architectural tests.
- Perform pair programming and assist the team in supporting the application in all required environments.
- Provide estimates for user stories utilizing planning poker.
- Participate in product backlog prioritization, story mapping, and story splitting activities.
- Prepare and lead sprint review meetings showcasing completed product backlog items to the product owner and subject matter experts.
The Software Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree - preferably in Computer Science
- Minimum 4+ years of hands-on programming/application development experience
- Excellent Core Java (Java 8+) skills
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills (OOAD)
- Good SQL/PL-SQL Skills (Oracle 12c Preferred)
- Experience with Spring framework, REST, Micro Services, Cloud Native application development, Agile, DevOps and TDD
- Experience working on Unix
- 7 weeks paid leave
- Great 401k matching
- Generous health benefits
If you are interested in the Software Engineering role, then please don't wait to apply!