VP - Front office Java Developer (Equities)
We are looking for a VP-level Front office Java developer for a European Investment bank, with their Equities team. The team offers a full-service cash and derivatives business with world class fundamental and macro research and award-winning analytics.
- Developing Java or C# projects defined by business for high performance trading systems.
- Communicating with various teams including business, global development team, regional support/QA team to deliver time-sensitive offerings
- Stakeholder management with the FO trading/sales stakeholders across regions in ED/MD level.
- Proactively feature development discussions with stakeholders and providing educational inputs
- Communicating to regional leadership and business functions for discussions on the project, the product, ongoing work
- Five+ years of in-depth JAVA development with good unit testing practices
- Excellent knowledge and working experience of developing low-latency trading systems and performance tuning techniques on Linux
- Exposure of higher-level Computer Science concepts such as data structures and algorithms
- Degree in a STEM Field - e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Proven experience in working in the FO banking/trading firm environment, working with directly with Traders and business.
- Advanced experience across in computer networks, computer architecture, and operating systems
- Adopted Agile software development methodology
- Exposure to scripting skills using Python, Perl or similar