An industry leading American Investment Bank is looking to add a VP to their Market Risk team covering Equities Trading. The bank has one of the top Equities Trading books across the bulge brackets, and has a reputation for running lean from a headcount perspective.
In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Equities Market Risk and sit on the trade floor while working directly with the investment teams. The Risk team at this bank is very front office-facing, and you will be assessing risk appetite and limits with respect to large and complex transactions.
- Work closely with the traders to develop risk/reward profiles and hedging strategies covering Equity and Equity Derivatives trading
- Analyze and oversee Equities trading activities across the US
- Enforce and enhance Market Risk limits
- Highlight concentrated risk positions, and work with the front office to escalate risks to senior management
- Perform scenario analysis and stress testing
- Develop decks and informational documents to be used by senior leadership and the risk committee
- 5+ years of Market Risk Management experience plus relevant experience in trading, sales, and product control
- Deep knowledge of equities and equity derivatives
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work closely with both the front office and senior risk leadership
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Desire and ability to take on a leadership role