A technology-focused Venture Capital firm based out of the Northeast is looking to add an Associate to its team. The firm primarily focuses on growth capital investments, buyouts, and recapitalization of companies in the technology and software space. The team is heavily experienced with hundreds of years of combined software knowledge and they are ideally looking to bring on a tech-savvy Investment Banking Analyst or Venture Capital Analyst with transaction experience in the tech space and an entrepreneurial mindset. In this role you'll be extremely hands-on working with portfolio companies, helping them grow to double or triple their size and building significant value.
The Venture Capital Associate will be responsible for:
- Taking the point of the development of financial modeling as well as broader industry research
- Creation of investment memoranda, underlying analysis, and investment decisions.
- Assist with the Structuring and negotiations of the acquisition and disposition of various investment targets
- Work directly with the executive leadership of acquired firms to drive the professionalization and profitability of their organizations
- Financial modeling, valuation analysis, and returns analysis for potential investment targets
The Venture Capital Associate should have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of two years of investment banking experience performing M&A with a reputable middle-market bank or previous experience in Venture Capital
- Bachelor's Degree
- A passion for entrepreneurial growth and a hands-on, collaborative approach to investing and business
- Previous experience or interest in sectors such as Technology or Software