A Multi Strategy Hedge Fund in the NYC area is looking to expand their Commodities business and hire a front office risk manager to sit with oil and refined products traders and PMs.
The fund invests across all asset classes, and within commodities they invest in both physical and financial energy, metals, and softs/ags. This hire will exclusively cover the phys/financial oil and energy side of the business, so the fund needs a product expert.
As a front office risk manager, this individual will need to have a commercial/offensive mindset and work with the traders to drive PnL, structure trades, and actively enhance hedge strategies, not just police risk limits. Current or prior oil trading experience is strongly preferred for this role.
- 5+ years of oil trading and/or risk management experience
- Master's in a quantitative discipline
- Product expertise: Brent/WTI crude, refined products, fuels, etc.
- Expert in oil market fundamentals, supply/demand analytics, physical modelling, etc.
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, or other relevant languages