Currently working with a leading utility looking to add a Senior Transmission Trading Analyst to their Baltimore team. This individual will be tasked on providing transmission analysis within ERCOT.
This is a perfect role if you have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to translate complex study results into usable data, the ability to remain calm during stressful situations, and the ability to multi-task.
The Analyst will be responsible for:
- Maximizing the value of the Utility's energy portfolio
- Working with the trading team by performing analysis and providing advice on the impact of transmission developments and any relevant outages
- Monitoring new market structures and regulations for potential transmission impacts on transactional opportunities
- Initiating process improvement recommendations
The Analyst should have the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Electrical Engineering degree (B.S/M.S), MBA or advanced degree (Preferred but not required)
- Experience using production cost models and transmission power flow software (i.e. PowerWorld, UPlan)
- Knowledge on North American regional market infrastructure
- Experience with ISO operations / ideally ERCOT (Preferred but not required)