My clients who are a large energy business based in Dusseldorf are currently looking to hire a Senior Market Risk Analyst to their team:
- Manage portfolio market risk: Analyse exposures, synergies, diversification, and concentration risk.
- Evaluate non-standard/structured deals and conduct ad hoc deal and cross-portfolio and cross-commodity analyses.
- Support commercially and challenge the business's commercial areas with analysis on trading strategies by providing comprehensive quantitative and qualitative descriptions of risk/return potentials.
- Define, align and support the implementation of market risk mitigation strategies across the company trading portfolio.
- Conduct scenario analysis and simulation by actively collaborating with the quantitative team to further develop methods for risk assessment.
- Represent and present the managed portfolio to senior stakeholders and management.
- Think commercially about the development and implementation of new products and hedging tools in markets and steer new business approvals.
- Build a solid, commercially oriented, cooperative environment with involved functions, encourage cross-team cooperation & communication on portfolio questions.
- Understand front to end processes and work effectively across all levels of the organization to challenge, promote dialogue and drive cooperation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ideally at least 5 years of professional work experience in risk management or trading with an investment bank or energy trading company.
- Detailed knowledge and passion for the European and US Gas, Power, and other global markets.
- Strong analytical orientation with a problem-solving mind-set
- Ability to simplify & streamline complex content into quickly and easily understandable concepts/messages.
- Ability to engage in balanced and independent interaction with commercial teams.
- Ability to quantitatively analyze and identify risks using simulation-based modeling and other methods.
- Familiar with option theory and risk metrics and ability to manage the interface to quants team.
- Strong team player with experience of working in an international and multicultural team.