A top Australian investment bank is looking to add a Senior Internal Audit Manager to their Internal Audits Risk team. This bank has offices in New York and Texas and is known for having one of the biggest Commodities trading desks in finance. This position will work as part of the Risk Management Group, and the audits conducted will lead to tangible improvements to the group's management of risk and contribute to the continual improvement of the group's risk management framework for market risk, credit risk, and liquidity risk in their capital markets business.
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience in internal audit or risk management, demonstrated led audits in the past, project management experience and a past of direct reports.
- Acting as Team lead on audit engagements pertaining to market risk, credit risk, operational risk, liquidity risk within capital markets
- Manage the Audit lifecycle including walkthroughs, planning, execution, action plans and remediation
- Manage portfolio of risk-based audits and directly manage audit managers and supervisors through audit execution
- Documenting/ testing controls across all risk stripes in capital markets
- Act as Senior leader for the Internal Audit group and manage relationships with senior level internal and external stakeholders
- Develop action plans for project management to improve business areas and increase efficiency
- 8+ years' experience Internal Audit or Risk Management
- Experience working within Capital Markets or Commodities is preferred
- Self-Starter and ability to lead teams and influence business decision making
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with controls testing is required