This person will join a dynamic, academically minded team that provides financial institutions with the most cutting-edge trading strategies across liquid asset classes. The firm handled close to $2 trillion in order flow in 2020 with expectations of that to grow in 2021.
The team and firm overall values a flat organizational structure and places and emphasis on collaboration and meritocracy. This is the perfect opportunity for someone fresh to finance or relatively new to the industry to move closer to the markets and trading without jumping straight into a volatile portfolio management seat. Exciting learning curve and tons of mentorship opportunities included. Execution analysis/microstructure research is one of the most desire skill sets in all of quant finance right now - do not miss out on a chance to quickly become an industry expert!
- Research algorithmic trading solutions and assist in the improvement of existing strategies
- Implement algos and fine tune software solutions
- Interact and work with clients on bespoke requests and strategies
- Design new features and make recommendations on existing systems
- Collaborate with internal teams on products and strategy projects
- An advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- 0-3 years of industry experience (experience in algo trading a big plus!)
- Familiarity in Java or a desire to learn
- Proficiency in other object-oriented languages (Python, C++)
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Knowledge of market microstructure and/or execution analysis is also helpful