Our client a leading hedge fund requires a Platform Engineer to join them based in London. if successful, you will design, implement and evolve the infrastructure foundation of the systematic investment management systems across both data centres and cloud.
The Platform Engineer / System Engineer will have hands-on experience of implementing cloud based distributed and scalable solutions, for example data pipeline, research cluster.
- Design, develop and evolve highly scalable and reliable infrastructure foundation for data, research and trading ecosystem.
- Automating infrastructure foundation - production setup and provisioning
- 3+ years experience building distributed infrastructure components across multiple compute, storage, messaging and database IaaS / PaaS technologies
- Virtualization and container technologies
- Asynchronous messaging, network / transport protocols
- Experience with creating CI / CD pipelines (GIT, Maven, Jenkins)
- Automation experience using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Teraform or equivalent
- Python, Shell experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related area.
This role requires someone to work 8am-6pm however some flexibility would be required. This job requires supporting the existing system which is done on a rota basis with oversea liaison requirements from time to time.
Please click the link to apply if this is of interest