Are you someone who is hungry to dig into large data sets and find patterns within the financial markets?
Our client is a global quantitative trading firm and market leader in Options Market Making. They have one of the highest volumes of all listed Options trades across the globe and are one of the pioneers to doing Quantitative Options Trading.
Operating in an extremely collaborative and academic environment, they dedicate a sizeable resource to crafting Quantitative Research and Systematic process-driven approaches to all of their investment strategies. They regularly hire the top scientists across the world, and are known for having one of the best company cultures in the Quant Trading industry.
As a PhD Quant, you will play a hybrid role between systematic trading and quantitative research, solving real-world problems and making a direct impact to the business. The successful candidate will be data-driven and detail-oriented, with a strong foundation in statistics and computer science. Statisticians are seated at the heart of the trading floor, constantly collaborating with others and continually exploring the dynamic intricacies within the game of trading.
In the role you will:
- Monitor the performance of automated trading strategies
- Sit side-by-side with traders and other strategists to brainstorm new ideas and iterate upon existing projects
- Gather numerical data, display it, assist with trading strategies to make sense of quantitative data and spot trends, and make predictions
- Design data acquisition trials in order to assess results
- Write code to analyse market data across multiple exchanges
- Design blueprints for new trading algorithms
- Work alongside technologists to put plans into production
- Use mathematical models to quantify relationships between variables and outcomes and make predictions based on those relationships
- Maintain and extend existing quantitative pricing models
What we're looking for
- PhD in a Mathematics, Statistics or Data Science
- Strong quantitative, logical reasoning, and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent programming skills; experience with Python and/or C++ is an advantage
- A collaborative mindset with a relentless desire for improvement
- Demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
- An interest in financial markets is a large plus. Trading experience is not required!