This is an end to end Trading Operation Executive role and it will require at least 5-7 years of experience within the metals industry.
- Planning, managing and executing cargo operations as per contract
- Timely reporting of critical operational issues to Regional Manager and/or Management
- Daily contact & communication with HQ, suppliers, customers and service providers to achieve timely and safe collection and delivery of our refined metal.
- Running and maintaining an accurate Position Summary daily for the relevant trades under his portfolio. (Keying in new trades, updating all prices and relevant cost). Ensuring timely reconciliation with Junior Trader to ensure hedging position is updated. Timely and accurately reconciliating and publishing monthly PNL for HQ & Management reporting.
- Inventory management oversight, ensuring appropriate cargo insurance coverage and loss control at all stages of the supply chain. (Managing loss or quality claims.)
- Managing documentation for all aspects of the supply chain, including Customs matters and financial collateral such as Letter of Credit and self-checked for errors before handing them over to Trade Finance for 2nd (Invoicing customers, and raising appropriate internal payment request for arranging payment to suppliers etc)
- Pricing monitoring, declarations to customers with timely update to Traders and relevant departments
- Maintain accurate and regular updates of all relevant operational issues to Traders/Management via weekly Operations update
- Liaising with relevant departments internally and externally to get new counter parties approved and set up (KYC)
- Arranging for inspection, sampling, assaying and umpires of the various products.
- Sourcing the most competitive freight rate from forwarders & warehouses
- Negotiate competitive storage/warehouse incentives with LME Warehouse and maintain strong relationship with the warehouse operators.