A top American Investment Bank is looking to hire an Operational Risk Director to provide oversight of firmwide policies and procedures related to Basel, RWA, and Capital Planning. This is a key hire as the firm works to build out a new Regulatory Risk team that will be responsible for review and challenge across the risk stripes (Operational, Market, Credit, Liquidity, etc.); ensuring procedures, controls, and frameworks are properly developed and maintained; and creating presentations/communicating all matters to senior management, key stakeholders, and the regulators.
- Provide oversight across the Risk stripes on Basel, RWA, and Capital Planning policies, procedures, and requirements
- Ensure governance and oversight of the firm's implementation of CECL, IFRS9, and RWA
- Act as the 'face' for the firm and liaise with the regulators
- Develop and maintain necessary controls, procedures, and frameworks to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements
- Communicate all requirements and updates in regulations to internal stakeholders and senior management
- 10+ years of experience in a banking role focused on Basel, RWA, Capital Planning, Regulatory Reporting, etc.
- Risk Management experience or the desire to pivot into a Risk/Oversight function
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders across the business and communicate with senior management & the regulators
- Prior experience with model controls is also a plus