- Build SnD models for refined oil products; gather market information and analyse the demand and supply balance trends to support the product trading desks.
- Regular and timely delivery of refinery margin analysis and contribute to the global database, monitor refinery's operation globally, and to provide regular updates to the database to analyse the supply and demand trends of both crude and products.
- Track oil product vessels and cargoes, and keep close monitoring of storage levels, to analyse the flow trends and demand sentiment of various refined products.
- To support the business by working with the shipping department to provide analytical freight analysis.
- Evaluate arbitrage economics of different refined oil products, and to propose trading strategies for the trading desks.
- Support the implementation of trading strategies through the provision of quantitative inputs
- Be the principal link with Risk department to secure sign-off of valuation models and methodologies
- Monitor changes in valuation theories and methodologies and introduce relevant applications to the trading teams to help ensure value creation
- Market analysis and report writing