You would take ownership of the local credit risk department for the business. With the aim of setting up a team within 12-18 months.
This is a key and senior role within the Credit Risk function of the group with responsibility for the underwriting, oversight and reporting of Credit Risk exposure and performance of the country subsidiary entity, including presenting to the local Board and regulators as required.
You will be responsible for all stages of the credit lifecycle from origination through to collection and recovery including liaising with lawyers in the event of litigation. The ideal candidate will complement the company's analytical and statistical capabilities with their own country-specific hands-on knowledge of the local market.
Your Specific Responsibilities
- Support, and report to, the Senior Credit Risk Management Team;
- Monitor and report, both to the Board and to the Risk Management Office, your subsidiary's portfolio performance (lines granted, current exposure, overdue cases, pipeline, etc);
- Liaise with local regulatory authorities if necessary;
- Perform detailed credit analysis of prospects and clients for the purpose of granting trade finance and currency trading products, with a focus on financials, operations, and trading cycles;
- Approve exposure limits to individual clients up to your delegated authority;
- Present and defend your analysis personally at credit committee meetings to senior management, including C-Suite;
- Engage closely with other teams, especially Front Office and Onboarding/Compliance, to ensure a smooth client experience and that decisions made within the Credit Risk team are relayed clearly;
- Manage an existing portfolio of clients, monitoring their credit standing and risk versus reward for the company;
- Assist with the collections process for overdue payments and communicate decisions with relevant parties;
- Proactively manage your own pipeline of work, along with taking responsibility to ensure the wider team's SLAs are met;
- Liaising with analysts and managers across our other geographies to add insight or assist where necessary;
- Share your thoughts to improve our processes and upskill other analysts.
- A background in credit underwriting (5+ years), preferably in the SME space, or experience in financial analysis in the Swiss market;
- Exposure to the collections process for any overdue payments or clients in arrears;
- A clear, structured, and concise communication style with the ability to explain complex concepts in a coherent way;
- Experience of dealing directly with clients, one on one, and resolving issues;
- A strong understanding of local accountancy principles;
- An understanding of FX markets and associated vanilla products;
- Experience of training others and managing a pipeline;
- An ability to work in Excel in a professional setting.
- English AND German