A leading German payments provider and Fintech is looking to grow their Internal Audit team with the addition of an Internal Audit Specialist to their industry-leading team across a number of locations in Germany. This role represents a unique opportunity to work alongside and lead a specialised and highly-qualified team in a key area of growth for the client.
The Internal Audit Specialist will:
- Work independently on the entire audit cycle, including the planning, implementation and reporting stages, determining how to correct weaknesses and improve processes as well as participating in annual audit planning
- Report directly to the Head of Internal Audit as well cooperating with Group Internal Audit members in order to ensure knowledge transfer within the team
- Confirm alignment with relevant regulations, relating to both group-wide and local rules
- Support and advise other departments on audit-related issues according to the needs of the group
- Have the option to be based at offices across Germany
- A significant level of freedom to implement your own ideas and work independently
- Have the opportunity to learn from highly-experienced professional in the field
- Possess a bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field, i.e. economics, finance, etc.
- Already have an in-depth understanding of relevant standards, methodologies and auditing processes in the Financial Services sector, particularly relating to payments providers or credit institutions
- Have had at least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in Internal Audit/Risk Management within a financial services institution, including practical experience with risk- and process-based audits
- Also have solid knowledge relating to regulatory requirements (i.e. ZAG, KWG, CRR, MaRisk, GwG)
- Be able to adapt quickly within a fast-changing environment and take responsibility for key deliverables
- Have strong communications skills in addition to a systematic and organised style of working
- Preferably have certifications such as the CIA or CISA etc.
- Possess fluent verbal and written skills in German and English, other European languages are also an advantage
Our client is one of the most well-known payments companies in the German market, who are looking to expand in order to support their continued growth due to winning a number of key clients.
To apply for the Internal Audit Specialist role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV on LinkedIn.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!