A global international banking group is looking for a senior, experienced professional to join their team as an Internal Audit Manager (m/w/d) in Frankfurt. This role represents a unique opportunity to lead and learn from a highly-qualified team in a key area of growth for the client.
The Internal Audit Manager will:
- Take responsibility as a Team Leader for the planning and execution of the audit, managing the audit budget, including the preparation of audit questions and the audit report
- Act as a team member on assigned audit tasks and possible support within the group
- Ensure the efficient and effective performance of assigned audit work within the given budget and timeframe and in accordance with the Internal Audit Methodological Standards
- Clearly explain the risks and implications of issues identified during audits to Internal Audit and management
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit with department-wide tasks such as annual planning, risk assessment and training
- Actively maintain relationships with auditee management and stakeholders
- Support Group Internal Audit teams by providing local knowledge and expertise to their audits as it relates to the individual's area of expertise
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in continuous monitoring and addressing issues and observations outside of formal audit activities to expedite remediation of control weaknesses
- Participate in formal committees and management meetings as a proxy and on behalf of the Head of Internal Audit as required
- Ensure that all action plans for audit issues agreed during field audit work are followed through to completion in accordance with methodological requirements
- Be a risk and controls professional, ideally with a recognized audit qualification. We are also open to professionals who have relevant first or second line risk and control audit experience
- Have experience of performing high quality financial services audits across multiple business lines, products and functions, ideally with knowledge of financial markets and market risk management
- Possess proven strong stakeholder engagement skills, including the ability to build effective relationships and constructively challenge leaders at all levels
- Have attained experience of conducting audits in Germany and ideally in the locally authorized subsidiary of a global banking group
- Preferably also have experience with ECB or BaFin/Bundesbank supervision
- Have knowledge of key European and German regulations such as KWG, MaRisk, CRR, WpHG, BAIT or MiFID II
- Be able to influence, lead and collaborate in global teams
- Possess excellent communication skills in English, German will be a huge plus
- Maintain a proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision and seek advice when required
- Communicate with confidence and courage to address or de-escalate issues in a proactive, professional and timely manner
Our client is one of the world's largest banking group, who are looking to expand their internal audit team in Frankfurt as one of their core strategic aims.
To apply for the Internal Audit Manager role, please contact Iuliia Vagapova, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings.