An industry-leading Asset Manager based out of New York City is looking to hire a Head of Risk & Factor Model Research to centralize the risk function for their Multi-Asset business line. The firm manages more than $700B globally, and the Multi-Asset group is managing roughly $150B. This group trades across all asset classes, including equities and listed futures to FX and OTC Swaps, and is primarily running systematic strategies.
This is a growth hire and the first time that the Multi-Asset group is hiring for a Head of Risk. Therefore, you will be tasked with innovating the way the group views risk and transforming it into more of a value add function. Additionally, this role sits in the Multi-Asset Research team and you will be reporting to the Head of Research, so there will be direct exposure to the investment process and you will be heavily involved in portfolio construction efforts. This role will begin by managing a direct report, and will also have a team of indirect risk quant dev reports.
- Create and drive risk research agenda; enhance and tailor vendor risk models by developing proprietary factors and linkages
- Proactively identify, assess and monitor drivers of portfolio performance and risk
- Enhance and contribute to the application of risk models into portfolio construction
- Develop innovate designs for measuring risk and performance attribution
- Work closely with the portfolio management team to help them understand the certain risk drivers in their portfolios and help them optimize their strategies with the intention of maximizing risk adjusted returns
- Manage the build-out of the firm's internal risk infrastructure integration with BarraOne
- Hire and onboard strong quantitative talent
- 10+ years of experience working with PMs and researchers in a hands-on quantitative risk or research role at a L/S Asset Manager or Hedge Fund
- Experience modifying or building multi-factor risk models
- Experience with optimization and portfolio construction
- High proficiency in Python and SQL
- M.S. degree minimum
This firm is willing to wait out non-competes and will ideally be looking to have an offer out in February/March 2021.