We are currently partnered with a Private Equity backed firm in Houston, TX looking to add a Director of Finance to their Energy/Oil & Gas Team. This Director of Finance will work closely with the Executive Team to assess investment opportunities including analyzing, modeling, and preparing presentations for existing and future projects.
- Work directly with Executive Team in preparing investor presentations and materials
- Model individual transaction expected cash flows and return sensitivities
- Construct investment memos and lead investment committee presentations
- Perform detailed analyses on power and gas markets and help identify changing dynamics in these markets
- Perform market research on macro power trends and regulatory frameworks
- Help drive discussions regarding leverage, hedging, and portfolio optimization
- Work with Executive Team to prepare and present business performance materials to Board
What You Bring to the Team:
- Business, engineering, or energy focused degree from a top-tier university
- 4-8+ years of experience in an energy-focused finance role (upstream/midstream oil & gas and/or power markets strongly preferred)
- 2+ years of buy-side investing or M&A experience strongly preferred
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Experience engaging with investors and preparing investor materials as well as strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Familiarity with various data systems and programming languages, including Python, SQL, Tableau/PowerBI, and all Office products
If you are interested in the Director of Finance role, then please don't wait to apply. Email me over a copy of your resume and we can schedule a time to chat.