As one of the world's premier investment firms, our client deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes, including equities, futures and foreign exchange. The core of their effort is rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies, fueled by their unparalleled access to a wide range of publicly available data sources.
The role sits within the Research Data Services group, which manages the firm's data strategy, data systems and research/evaluation processes. Their data engine is powered by large number of data sources and variety of software tools.
Team members have the unique ability to identify data sources, clean, validate, and develop data processors at a fast pace. The group is the key go-to resource for portfolio managers and researchers in identifying sources of alpha as well as maintaining and enhancing existing production alpha data sources.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
You will support the daily responsibilities and operations of the Research Data Services Group with the following core responsibilities:
- Managing data/research vendor relationships
- Negotiating contracts for data assets
- Sourcing, procuring and analyzing new datasets for potential use in the firm's trading strategies
- Communicating key dataset advantages and disadvantages to PMs, researchers and other internal business groups
- Liaising daily with Compliance and Legal to ensure the organisation leverages only data that is in accordance with the its mission and values
- Building and enhancing the organisation's data library
- 1-3 years of experience in investment research (buy-side, sell-side or research/data provider) preferred. Financial industry experience not required
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree (with strong academic record)
- Experience in contract and pricing negotiations a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and execute tasks in multitasking environment with competing requirements
- High level of attention to detail a must
- Strong interpersonal skills