Company Overview: My client is a dynamic and forward-thinking small actuarial consulting firm specializing in providing comprehensive actuarial solutions to clients in the healthcare industry. As a remote-first company, we believe in empowering our employees with flexibility while maintaining a collaborative and supportive work culture. We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Consulting Actuary with a strong background in Medicare bids to join our team.
Position: Consulting Actuary (Medicare Bids)
Job Summary: As a Consulting Actuary with a focus on Medicare bids, you will be a key player in our firm's success, providing specialized actuarial consulting services to healthcare clients. Leveraging your expertise in Medicare bidding processes and actuarial methodologies, you will analyze data, develop bids, and provide strategic insights to optimize clients' financial performance. The ideal candidate should possess either an ASA designation with 8+ years of experience or an FSA designation with a minimum of 5 years of experience, coupled with a proven background in Medicare bids.
- Collaborate with healthcare clients to understand their specific Medicare bidding requirements and financial objectives.
- Conduct thorough data analysis, including claims data, demographic trends, and healthcare utilization patterns, to develop accurate and competitive Medicare bids.
- Utilize actuarial tools and methodologies to assess risk, estimate costs, and project future financial outcomes for Medicare contracts.
- Interpret and communicate bid results to clients, explaining key drivers and assumptions, and making actionable recommendations.
- Stay abreast of changes in Medicare regulations and policies to ensure compliance and adapt bidding strategies accordingly.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including data analysts, underwriters, and compliance specialists, to facilitate seamless bid development and submission processes.
- Provide expertise in the evaluation of Medicare Advantage and Part D bids, offering insights to enhance the competitive position of our clients in the market.
- Collaborate with clients to develop long-term actuarial strategies for Medicare programs, balancing financial sustainability and quality care.
- Mentor and guide junior actuaries in Medicare bidding best practices and actuarial techniques.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve internal processes and enhance service offerings in Medicare bid consulting.
- ASA or FSA designation from the Society of Actuaries.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant actuarial experience for ASA candidates or 5 years of relevant actuarial experience for FSA candidates.
- Strong background and expertise in Medicare bids, with a deep understanding of CMS regulations and bid submission processes.
- Proficiency in actuarial software and tools, as well as advanced knowledge of spreadsheets and data analysis techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex data and make informed decisions.
- Effective communication and presentation abilities, capable of conveying technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality actuarial solutions in the healthcare industry.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with a focus on meeting deadlines and exceeding client expectations.
- Adaptable and resourceful, thriving in a remote work environment and collaborating effectively with virtual teams.
- A passion for driving positive change in the healthcare industry through actuarial expertise.
- Competitive salary and performance-based incentives.
- Remote work flexibility, enabling a healthy work-life balance.
- Generous 5-week paid time off (PTO) policy to promote employee well-being and rejuvenation.
- Professional development opportunities and access to industry seminars and conferences.
- Collaborative and supportive work culture, fostering growth and learning.
If you are a highly skilled and experienced actuary with a solid background in Medicare bids, we invite you to join our team of passionate professionals. As a consulting actuary at our firm, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of healthcare consulting and driving success for our clients.
Note: The job description is a general representation of the responsibilities and qualifications required for this role. It may be subject to change based on business needs and evolution within the actuarial consulting firm.