· Be a key contributor to the management of our Chinese Equities exposure. This includes building cross-sector investment expertise and relationships, analysing companies and making alpha-generating recommendations.
· Look across sectors to generate stock ideas independently, especially in the A-share market, while working together with the team to develop them
· Conduct due diligence on portfolio companies or candidates, through corporate engagement, site visits, value-chain analysis, consultation with experts and other investors, meetings with suppliers, customers, competitors and on-the-ground data collection
· Build relationships with corporates and counter-parties and help to generate deal flow
· Be the key point person for coordinating requests and managing the gathering of market intelligence
· Mid-level role with an expectation for developing managerial responsibilities
· 3-7 years experience as a sell- or buy-side equities analyst. Candidates with Private Equity experience and an interest in value investing and long-only fund management will also be considered.
· Native fluency in Mandarin and Native or Near-Native fluency in English (both spoken and written) is required
· A strong work ethic and willingness to do on-the-ground work - this role will require extensive travel around China
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong financial modelling and analytical skills
· Possesses a generalist mindset and has the ability to look across sectors for ideas
· Have the intellectual curiosity and drive to conduct deep-dive due diligence on portfolio stocks and candidates
· Possesses a good network of industry relationships in China