A leading health insurer on the east coast is looking to hire a Chief Actuary to lead their Commercial markets actuarial function.
Responsibilities of Chief Actuary:
- Provides strategic direction and leadership to a department of 65-70 employees
- Serve as the appointed actuary for Commercial segments
- Serve as a key intermediary between the company and various external stakeholders.
- Works on the development of product design and pricing strategies and tactics
- Work with the Medicare Chief Actuary on leadership and personnel of the overall Actuarial team
Qualifications of Chief Actuary:
- 14+ years of health actuarial experience
- 8+ years of strong leadership experience
- FSA Designation
- Significant Commercial Health experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field (I.E. Actuarial Analysis, Financial Analysis, Statistics)