A Global Investment bank is seeking to hire an experienced Business Analyst at the Associate level to join the Market Risk Analytics team in their New York office.
This individual will be responsible for being involved in the full model development process for risk analytics for Equities, FX, Rates, Fixed Income, and their respective Derivatives, including the development for VaR, stress testing and Capital Models. This individual will also work across different business lines of the bank, sharing an important relationship with senior stakeholders across the business.
firm is ideally targeting candidates with deep knowledge of the model development process particularly in VaR models across different asset classes. It is essential for this candidate to have excellent communication skills, and expert level abilities in Python. This individual must have a deep understanding of statistics, and demonstrated ability to work with large data sets.
- Build and maintain the model development process for Market Risk Models (VaR, Stress Testing, Capital)
- Develop and test risk analytics for models across various macro products
- Work cohesively with senior stakeholders in the firm across different business and functional lines during the process of model development from beginning to end
- Participate in the full life-cycle of the model development process from methodology to design to validation
- Strong analytical skills involving large data sets, and quantitative models specifically covering a range of asset classes (Equities, Rates, FX, Fixed Income) and demonstrated ability to apply that knowledge to code development
- Experienced in statistics including machine learning algorithms applied to extreme values
- Expert level skills in Python and other languages
- Knowledge and understanding of the derivative market mainly for equities and fixed income
- Strong communication and presentation skills