As a Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for setting architectural direction for our core exchange containers, delivering large bodies of well-crafted code and owning projects that directly impact the systems. You will work closely together in multidisciplinary teams to develop a deep understanding of trading, exchanges and how the hardware works on which the machines are running. You're not attached to tools and technologies; you focus on solving problems. Your challenge is to further innovate and maintain the foundation underlying our wider infrastructure.
Your Skill Set
- Several years of professional experience in system-level programming languages (e.g., C, C++ or Rust).
- You deliver. You enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution that always works.
- You find big challenges exciting and enjoy discovering problems as much as solving them.
- Previous experience in the financial industry. Knowledge of the Financial InterExchange protocol (SBE & FAST) is highly advantageous
- Ability to express your ideas and thoughts to your team members clearly in English.
- You take leadership and are continuously on the watch the make your team more productive.
- Own the design, development and deployment of services that comprise our distributed trading platform.
- Build professional relationships across the business to ensure we're feeding the best ideas into our solutions.
- Manage and optimize deployment pipelines to reduce risk and provide production support where required.
- Find the simplest, cleanest solutions and continually optimize them.
- Balance the race to production with software quality, extensibility and testability.
- Foster an environment where people are continuously learning and teaching at the same time so that the tech team can thrive and successfully fulfill their tasks.
What my client offers:
- Energetic, Collaborative & Fun Work environment
- Competitive base salary compensation with bonus post-launch
- Stock Option Plan
- Bike compensated by the company, up to EUR 749
- Gym membership, up to EUR 35
- Dynamic, international, innovative, and respectful work environment - employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiative
- Work on complex and challenging problems in Rust
If you're interested, please reach out to Eva Sassnick