A Tier 1 IB is urgently looking to fill an AVP/VP-level Quant Researcher role that would sit on their industry-leading Quantitative Portfolio Strategy team. This group advises some of the largest institutional investors around the globe on quant aspects of portfolio management across all asset classes. You would work on custom projects encompassing asset allocation, portfolio construction, alpha generation, and risk management utilizing empirical studies and developing cutting-edge models.
- Drive the development of quantitative signals in different asset classes for large institutional investors
- Work with clients on a one-on-one basis to understand their needs and provide relevant research results surrounding topics such as beta replication, alpha generation, evaluation of investment constraints, portfolio construction, etc.
- Collaborate with other team members to publish quantitative research in leading academic journals
- Conduct empirical analysis using both market data and non-traditional data sources
- PhD in Finance - required
- Ability to clearly formulate and conduct empirical studies
- Strong understanding of financial theory
- Prior experience in a Quantitative Research role preferred
- Ability to work in a team is a must
- Self-sufficiency in one or more programming environments such as SAS, Matlab, and Python