Be the innovation driver for the digitalization of the insurance industry. You have the chance to set up a startup within the organization. As an AI Project Manager, you will enable better business decisions via big data and analytics excellence. Work together with the Head of AI to create new strategic options through Advanced Analytics with the opportunity to move into the CIO role for the newly created business unit.
What my client company has to offer
- Take the opportunity to fundamentally digitally revolutionize the insurance industry.
- Work in a highly innovative environment with over international experts.
- Take advantage of a well-established employer.
- Develop new data solutions with massive internal data sets.
- Room for personal growth.
- Salary between € 100.000 and € 170.000 depending on previous experience.
- Working on and leading projects that enable business units to generate more and better business (quantitative and qualitative aspects) using NLP, ML and statistics
- Supporting and advising business units in applying the latest methods and providing a central source for specialised data analysis and for modelling know-how, tools and methods
- Presenting your findings and the systems developed to internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying and assessing the potential of statistical, ML and NLP innovations and technologies that could offer potential competitive advantages in the insurance space
- Driving quantitative, competitive and market analyses supporting the definition of an AI strategy for the company and the insurance industry
- Networking with existing quantitative units and relevant partners in the AI ecosystem (academic institutions, research bodies, think tanks, tech companies)
I am looking for a creative thinker to drive the application of natural language processing (NLP), computer vision and machine-learning (ML) algorithms and statistical procedures to solve a range of exciting challenges in the insurance space.
- University degree (master's and above) in a quantitative field (mathematics, computer science, physics, engineering, data science) with a solid understanding of probabilities, statistics, machine learning, and AI.
- Experience as a project manager in AI/data science/venture building
- Experience with modern software development planning tools (Scrum & agile methodologies)
- Excellent understanding of novel machine-learning techniques (deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing) including their potential, limitations and development lifecycle
- Readiness to embrace innovation, forward-looking, Group-wide manner of thinking and action, pronounced service focus, ability to work in a team, and a very high level of commitment
- High level of accountability, capability to deal with uncertainty and execute in an ambiguous environment
- Experience in the insurance, risk management or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience with solutions architecture including the design and development of cloud-based machine learning services is a plus
- Hands-on programming experience (Python, Java, C, C++ or any OOP language) and cloud technologies (Azure, AWS) is a plus
- Very good command of English and a willingness to travel. Good command of German is a plus
If you are interested in discussing this role in a little more detail - please apply with your current CV. Even if you are not actively looking at this time but are interested in other opportunities we may have, please reach out to Eva Sassnick.