Years Experience: c.5+ (or relevant)
Job Title: Business Development VP
If you had the chance to join a well-established Hedge Fund with a market-leading 10 year track record, looking to take the next step of growth with this growth hire, would you consider it?
A highly successful asset manager with a niche focus in London-based special situations opportunistic investments is hiring a senior business development professional to support their exciting growth trajectory. The firm has deployed billions of capital and has c.$1bn of active investment in assets under manager, is regularly praised for beating the biggest funds to secure leading and high return deals.
The firm has grown tremendously in its 10 years of operation and there is a huge excitement around the growth potential of this fund. The business is therefore looking to supplement its market-leading performance with the hire of a high-quality fundraiser to support the growth in assets. This is a leading role within the firm and the successful candidate will be involved in the key decisions across the whole business unit.
This position is to work closely with the head of business development, with an initial focus on the European institutional investors, and a longer-term remit to target global institutions.
- To lead the business development process; with a particular focus on European institutions, such as pension funds, consultants, financial institutions and family offices.
- To help define and implement the global business development strategy alongside the partners;
- To build out a pipeline of prospective investors with the capacity to invest in hedge fund strategies;
- To attend meetings with key prospective and existing investors, and to update them on the firm's performance and wider portfolio;
- To work alongside the founding partners to develop suitable marketing materials and presentations to share with clients.
- To have extensive experience raising assets for hedge funds;
- To have a deep investor-network of hedge fund investors across Europe.
- To have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- To have a desire to work for a market-leading growth-oriented private markets fund;
- To have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work independently and as part of a wider team;
- To have c.5+ years of experience of business development experience.
- Market-leading compensation structure.
- Exposure to a high-quality investment team, all from top-5 asset managers.
- Ability to play a key role in this high-quality firms growth.
If you would the chance to join a truly prestigious Hedge Fund, and take ownership for the fund raising and business development, then please apply directly on this site?