A top tier American Investment Bank is currently undergoing an Operational Risk and Resiliency build out in their New York office. The bank is looking to hire a VP of Operational Resiliency to help lead business continuity for its Equity Sales & Trading division. This individual will be responsible for helping to drive the Operational Resiliency strategy and Operational Risk programs, as well as work with the desk on real time risk decisions and create processes and projects in order to identify/mitigate risk across the Equity Division.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in Risk Management, Operational Resiliency, or Trading Support, as well as proven experience in Program Management or Business Continuity. This person should also be able to identify and escalate issues effectively, be able to handle multiple tasks at a time, and have a strong understanding of a control environment.
- Design and manage operational resiliency and business continuity plans
- Coordinate programs with the front office as well as other stakeholders
- Lead meetings with senior management to assess how different initiatives are impacting the Equity business
- Operational Risk responsibilities including RCSAs, managing conduct risk, scenario analysis, due diligence for new product approvals
- Coordinate responses for Regulatory exams, Internal Audit, and business reviews for coverage areas
- 5+ years experience in Risk, Operational Resiliency, Product Coverage, or Trading Support
- Background in Sales & Trading is preferred
- Strong Project Management skills
- Excellent communicator and ability to present to Senior Management