- Provide monitoring of algorithmic trading activity that is independent of the trading function
- Provide Risk expertise and support for the Front and Back Office functions.
- Identify market conduct risks that are presented by algorithmic trading and work in partnership to resolve until completion
- Support the development of effective reporting and management information to senior management
- Highlighting and tackling key risks facing the business now and in the future, including regulatory rules such as MAR, MIFID II, ICARA as well as firm based policies.
- Identify and trace key risk issues facing the business, liaising with the board and senior management in implementing robust risk management measures.
- Enhancing Market surveillance control and developing tools, reports and procedures that help streamline workflows.
- Carrying out analysis of the firms automated market surveillance, including its alert systems to ensure they are performing as expected.
- MSc in Quantitative Finance, Risk Management, Mathematics or Engineering / FRM / PRM / CFA qualifications desirable.
- 6+ years' experience in capital markets, or related experience, including exposure to trading venues, investment firms specialized in electronic trading
- Expertise on algorithmic trading governance combined with a highly detailed understanding of the CDN.
- Understanding of Key Risk metrics - VaR and Risk measurement frameworks
- IT Proficiency - Python, SQL or VBA
Strong knowledge of European financial regulation and exchange rulebooks, as well as anti-money laundering legal requirements