A leading Venture Capital investment firm based out of the Washington, DC area is looking to add an Associate or Senior Associate to their team. The firm specializes in technology based companies that have a direct impact to our National Security - specifically within the cyber security, data science, new space technologies, and data infrastructure spaces. The firm is highly detailed oriented and collaborate closely to combat challenges within our National security and high-growth commercial markets. They're looking to add an individual with closed transaction experience within the Aerospace, Defense, and Government Technology spaces and a passion for understanding how things work.
The Private Equity Associate will be responsible for:
- Taking point on the development of financial modeling as well broader industry research
- Creation of investment memoranda, underlying analysis, and investment decisions.
- Assist with the Structuring and negotiations of the acquisition and disposition of various investment targets
- Work directly with executive leadership of acquired firms to drive the professionalization and profitability of their organizations
- Financial modeling, valuation analysis, and returns analysis for potential investment targets
The Private Equity Associate should have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of two years of investment banking experience performing M&A with a reputable middle market bank
- Bachelor's Degree
- A passion for entrepreneurial growth and a hands-on, collaborative approach to investing and business
- Previous experience or interest in sectors such as Technology, Software, or aerospace & defense, or government services