The Resident Manager will work closely with the Executive Director, be responsible for managing the full range of matters related to trust administration and compliance.
The Responsibilities Include:
- Statutory and regulatory obligations as Resident Manager and member of the Trust Committee of the company's licensed entity.
- Joint decision-making at Trust Committee meetings on client, operational, technical, risk, compliance, financial issues and take on of new business
- Be responsible for managing a portfolio of trust clients.
- Act as point of contact for clients, liaise with clients on the administration of trust and to attend to client queries, coordinate trust account activities, carry out trustee functions.
- Manages the administration functions of trusts and companies, taking full responsibility for fiduciary mandates.
- Perform and ensure timely periodic review on all trust accounts according to Company's policies and procedures.
- Build and maintains relationship with lawyers, investment managers, auditors, bankers etc while carrying out the trust on-boarding/administration duties.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects assigned by the Company from time to time
The Ideal Candidate:
- A degree or professional qualification in law, accounting and related background.
- Min. 7 year's experience working in the trust industry.
- Preferably STEP qualified
- Sound understanding and knowledge of regulatory requirements, especially in a trust company setting e.g., MAS regulations, Anti-Money Laundering, Know-Your-Customer.
- Fluent in Mandarin preferred