Job Title: Tech Support Engineer
Work Model: hybrid model, MIAMI BASED à must relocate or be local to Miami
Comp: $120-200k base, depending on candidate experience + bonus and full benefits
Summary: A top hedge fund globally with more than 60 billion in AUM is looking for a tech/desktop support engineer to join their team of top tier individuals. This position will interface directly with treading business units and is hands on responsible for providing quality support services.
- Minimum of five years of progressive technical support experience in a financial institution required
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Ability to direct activities of peers and others not reporting directly to the person
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix remote access and application delivery
- Linux desktop environment (centos)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows based desktops and the key applications - Outlook, MS Office, etc.
- Strong understanding of market data - Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, etc. Proven expertise in integrating with Excel plug-ins, troubleshooting API broken links, effectively working with vendor technical support.
- Broad understanding of mobile technology
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as strong customer service experience.
- Process oriented individual
- Must demonstrate an ability and interest in having a hands-on approach to customer service.
- Experience in supporting servers and data centers a plus
- MCP/MCSE/CCNA or equivalent a plus
- Deliver high-quality support to all end-users in a courteous professional manner
- Field incident phone calls and emails from end users
- Leverage ServiceNow to manage incident and problem workflows
- Troubleshoot basic network and telecommunications connectivity issues
- Support of desktop technology and desktop applications in Windows environments (Linux desktop support experience a plus), including remote access tools
- Knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite, mobile devices, printers, and other applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must as well as the ability to work well independently
- Understand and evaluate end-users needs and develop creative technical solutions to meet them
- Support projects that evolve because of firm-wide technical initiatives
- Strong communication skills. Ensure end-users are informed of issue status through resolution; escalate to the appropriate technology teams when necessary