Selby Jennings is partnered with a FinTech startup based in Charlotte, NC in the search for a Tech Lead Manager. The company was founded in 2015 and spun out of a global, $400M+ hedge fund. The platform was originally built internally to help the hedge fund make better investment decisions by acting as a tool to leverage investment strategies, but it quickly became clear that there was a demand for this technology from outside investors. This firm was commercialized 18 months ago, and it now licenses its platform to hedge funds and institutional investors around the world.
- Full-scope technical ownership of the tech product, working closely with our technical co-founder
- Oversee all back-end and front-end development, hosting and dev-ops frameworks to ensure uptime of the application.
- Collaborate closely with other developers and the management team to ensure timely delivery of new products and features.
- Be a trusted leader with respect to team management, up-skilling and hiring within the engineering team.
- Have a deep understanding of the business domain, ensuring that the software aligns with the company's goals and objectives.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related study
- 8-12 years of experience of professional software development
- 3+ years in a position where you contributed towards meaningful decisions around the direction that technical solutions should take, preferably as a team/tech lead.
- A deep understanding of database design and modeling
- Prior experience in financial technology, investment technology and/or data science.
- A history of designing and implementing scalable and maintainable software solutions, with a strong focus on object-oriented programming and design principles.
- A deep interest in a wide range of technologies. We work with Python, SQL, poetry, DevOps tooling, Docker, AWS, and web development (HTML/CSS/JS/Bootstrap/etc.).