Our client is a financial sciences company, combining rigorous inquiry, data analysis, and invention to solve the toughest challenges in investment management, securities, private equity, insurance technology and venture capital.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the technical direction, design and drive the implementation of the Shanghai Research and Execution platforms.
- Research Platform -
○ Oversee the implementation of our cloud-based data pipelines and establish our research platform.
○ Work closely with quantitative researchers to continuously improve the platform.
- Execution Platform -
○ Technical ownership of the new trading system covering several financial instrument types, across different financial markets.
○ Monitor the daily production of automated trading, risk management and order flow, while providing software support to traders executing their portfolio orders.
○ Work with researchers to gather market data, develop/engineer trading tactics and software tools to more effectively perform quantitative research.
- Tech Lead a team of 3-4 cross functional engineers.
- Work directly with researchers, investment professionals in Shanghai, in addition to counterparts in NY.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline
- 5+ years of professional software development experience building production-grade distributed software systems.
- Experience with modern programming languages (Java, Python, C/C++, Rust, etc.) programming styles (OO, functional) and techniques (design/architecture patterns)
- Low-latency software techniques (lock-free programming, shared memory, cache-aware data structures, garbage collection)
- Experience working with financial markets (participants and details of assets like Futures and Equities) and knowledge of market microstructure (matching engines, exchange gateways, order management)
- Systems scripting in Linux (including experience in Python scripting)
- Experience of working on cloud platforms such as AWS is a plus
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
- Strong analytical and communication skills