Selby Jennings has partnered with a diverse trading company with over three decades of experience to operate in marketplaces all over the world using cutting-edge technology and great people. In addition to trading a number of asset classes, this company has expanded into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital, and cryptocurrency assets.
They are seeking a Senior Research Software Engineer to join their commodities trading team to help develop and maintain the infrastructure needed by numerous trading desks for quantitative fundamental research. You will collaborate with their researchers as a software engineer to provide a stable and effective platform for data analysis, research, and modeling in a technologically oriented atmosphere.
- Implement research studies, analytics, and production models for commodities trading in collaboration with researchers.
- Create and manage their Python development environment, which is suited for workloads that require a large amount of data.
- Create web user interfaces for delivering study findings and data exploration.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience working with data-scientists & researchers
- Ability to support and educate researchers on best practices in software engineering
- B.S. Computer Science or related study