Senior Research Quantitative Developer - Research Team - Boutique Quant Fund
An industry leading systematic investment firm based in Boston is looking for an experienced Quantitative Developer to join their quantitative development team, within the firm's greater Research Team. The main responsibilities of this team include identifying ideas which are then coded into signals and once back-tested, forecasts are produced which are used to drive decisions.
The Senior Research Quantitative Developer will serve as second in command to the Manager of their Research Data Science Platform. They will be heading the efforts of designing and constructing this next-generation platform using a wide array of sophisticated technologies. The projects you work on will be used to drive change throughout the team.
What will these Senior Research Quantitative Developer be responsible for?
- Initiate implementations of major components/features within the platform
- Serve as a senior mentor to more junior members of the team in design/coding standards
- Build in Python and R
- Perform statistical analysis across variety of data sets
- Apply improvements to firm's data analytics/numerical processes
- Refine automation/robustness of the research process
- Keep up to speed on PyData and data science ecosystems in order to identify new libraries/tools
- Expert Python skills including experience in pandas, numpy and the PyData ecosystem
- Experience applying production-quality Python code for a data analytics/science business
- Undergrad or graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top institution
- Passion for engineering practices to develop well-designed, clean code
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Competence in data structures and numerical algorithms
- Understanding of probability and statistics
- Interest in financial markets a plus (not required)