In this role, you will lead the financial risk management in commodity, foreign exchange risks and trading profit and loss for the defined businesses and areas. This role primarily focuses on the Environmental Markets with an emphasis on carbon trading and risk management around sustainability flows. In this role, you will partner with key stakeholders to develop and implement the key controls to ensure operational compliance and accuracy of data and reports. You will lead the process standardization and optimization and develop new solutions to enhance automation and implement the transformation.
- Partner with key stakeholders to manage complex commodity and foreign exchange position reporting and reconciliation and ensure any significant differences are resolved and communicated appropriately.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to monitor commodity and foreign exchange exposure and ensure completeness of all the complex financial reporting within deadlines and compare against limits, escalate and resolve breaches of limits.
- Validate reports and reconcile trading profit and loss by line of impact with key stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance of operations and monitor points of control.
- Develop and implement process simplification, enhance process standardization, optimize reporting and drive automation and transformation processes.
- Lead risk management best practices and improvement initiatives.
- Build the team's capability to ensure a high-performing team.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience in finance operations with knowledge of financial risk management and related financial processes
- Knowledge and experience in environmental markets
- Experience with design and implementation of governance models