My client is looking to build up a Legal Department in Amsterdam and is looking for an experienced Dutch Legal Counsel who is looking for a new challenge in the financial services space. If you looking for a role in a young & dynamic environment, new challenges to build-up your own team, this is a great opportunity for you.
As a Senior Legal Generalist, you will:
- Be responsible for developing the legal desk for the organization
- Maintain and update on all relevant legal matters i.e. regulations, market & group standards, corporate law, group standards etc.
- Supervise and provide legal advice on company level and to internal & external stakeholders
- Engage directly with senior management & external partners to lay a legal foundation
- Manage global / local projects on various legislation and compliance related matters including corporate housekeeping, Due Diligence and Know-Your-Clients
As a Senior Legal Generalist, you should have:
- 5+ years of experience as a (Senior) Legal Counsel in financial services sector and/or as a (Senior) Associate Lawyer in an international law firm
- Familiar with Dutch Financial Regulations and/or Dutch Corporate Law;
- Master's degree in Law or equivalent
- Full working proficiency in Dutch & English
- Enjoy working in an agile environment - flexible, communicative, proactive and self-driven
- Experiences in Dutch Civil Code, Dutch Financial Supervision Act, Captial Requirements Regulations / Directives, Trading & Derivatives experiences would be a plus