We are working alongside our client, a leading FinTech start-up and digital bank, in their search for a Senior Financial Accounting Manager to join their headquarters in Berlin. The role involves taking responsibility for leading a young and expanding team and performing relevant financial engagements, particularly regarding monthly processes and closing engagements. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic environment with a fast-growing and industry-leading employer.
The Senior Financial Accounting Manager will:
- Focus on the execution of operational processes, primarily relating to Reconciliations, Accruals, AP/AR and Finance Operations
- Take responsibility for the implementation of accurate and up-to-date monthly financial reports while also ensuring reliable daily finance operations
- Be a leader in supporting team members in the execution of their daily work activities
- Report directly to the Financial Accounting Lead in Berlin
- Possess a bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field, i.e. accounting, finance, economics etc.
- Have had at least 5-8 years of relevant experience in leading financial teams, ideally in a financial services or Fintech environment
- Have in-depth knowledge of HGB and IFRS and the relevant regulatory requirements
- Possess fluent verbal and written skills in German and English
- Be a great communicator and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Feel comfortable in a Team Lead capacity and have proven leadership skills
- Be able to adapt quickly to changes as well having exceptional attention to detail
As Senior Financial Accounting Manager, you can expect:
- To be able to be a part of a growing team and make an impact at one of Germany's fastest-growing and most successful Fintechs
- A diverse and inclusive environment, working alongside a department of highly-experience and qualified professionals
- An attractive compensation package in line with market rates
- Flexibility in terms of remote working
- Additional benefits in terms of sports memberships, corporate discounts and team social events
Our client are one of the success stories of the Berlin Fintech field, have been performing far better than their competitors and are looking to expand their team in a number of core areas throughout 2021.
To apply for the Senior Financial Accounting Manager role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV at
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!