A rapidly emerging Fintech is looking to build out a robust analytic platform with aggressive hiring on their data science team to help better serve the sub prime borrower. Candidates will be required to use the latest ML/AI tools to develop credit risk models across every segment of the loan life cycle. This is a very elite team that will have massive responsibilities to drive profitability and help individual and business growth. With a new CRO in place, this role will have exclusive exposure to C-level executives and require periodic reporting on the results of your respective model.
- Lead the development, maintenance and monitoring of predictive models across the credit life cycle.
- Stay up to date on all of the latest Python scripts and ML methodologies.
- Assure all analytic practices are compliant to federal and business guidelines.
- Set standards of excellence for the team by demonstrating professional expertise, strong work ethic, integrity, and professional behavior.
- Serve as a SME for more junior quants on the team
- Expert proficiency in Python and R coding languages.
- Master's degree or above in any STEM related field
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience in the consumer credit risk space is also required.
- Additionally proficiency in SAS and SQL will also be require for this role.
- Proven track record working with large data sets, data mining, and information retrieval.
- Agile experience is preferred but not required.