- Analyze financial statements to identify credit risks and mitigants, and to assess trends in financial institutions' (e.g., banks, broker-dealers, insurance companies, central securities depositories, etc.) capital adequacy, profitability, asset quality, and liquidity/funding management
- Perform annual reviews and ongoing surveillance of member firms across clearing corporations, to assess the creditworthiness of member firms.
- Participate in gathering requirements for the design of credit risk monitoring tools to further automation and other risk-related initiatives.
- Work with internal departments, including Market Risk, Product Management, Relationship
- Management, Legal, and Compliance, to maintain transparency when assessing potential risk exposures within member firms.
- Review new member full-service applications to assess whether the applicants' financial condition meet member requirements.
- Assess whether member firms need to be placed on enhanced surveillance based on newly disclosed material events.
- Adhere to risk-related policies and best practices of CCR.
- Demonstrate the behaviors and competencies that create a risk management mindset in the organization.
- Demonstrate regulatory awareness and compliance and ensure adherence to risk-related policies and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with CCR's policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Economics required, MBA or CFA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in risk management or financial analysis
- Excellent knowledge of financial statement analysis for various financial institutions, particularly banks and broker-dealers
- Fundamental credit analysis skills, including knowledge of CAMELS or CELS rating system
- In-depth understanding of regulatory rules and regulations
- Effective oral and written communication skills