A leading consumer bank is looking to add headcount to their first line credit risk team covering secured auto and secured card portfolios. The bank has significant market share within auto finance and is a top 10 issuer for credit cards nationally.
In this role, you will work with a collaborative team accountable for developing and implementing credit risk strategies for originations and account management. The bank is currently leading a pretty significant hiring initiative for individuals with proven track records of portfolio growth as they look to stabilize headcount heading into 2021. This role will report directly to the Director of Secured Credit Risk Management with a dotted line to the Head of Consumer Credit Risk.
- Use expertise to develop and propose credit risk strategies for consumer credit portfolios to optimize growth and profitability within risk appetite.
- Track and monitor credit strategy performance and external factors impacting the credit risk exposure
- Apply programming and analytical techniques to analyze credit data
- Provide NCL inputs to the pricing team each month to assist with forecasting
- Work closely with data science and marketing groups on segmentation and targeting efforts to increase new acquisitions
- Optimize direct mail and digital channels marketing campaigns
- Provide the necessary analytics to optimize the credit line increase and decrease programs, balance transfer, retention, re-issue, spend campaign strategies, etc.
- Conduct detailed analysis using financial modeling and statistical techniques to predict and evaluate credit risk across the banks unsecured portfolio
- 4+ years of experience within credit risk, credit strategy, credit risk analytics, or data analytics
- B.S. required, M.S. or MBA is preferred
- Proficiency with SAS, SQL and Tableau
- Ability to visualize data and interpret analytics into strategy
- Familiarity with the structure and reporting lines of a consumer bank
- Experience with either credit cards or auto loans