Our client a leading fund manager require a Cloud Engineer to join a leading engineering team to work on implementation, maintaining and optimising cloud-based solutions. This opportunity requires an individual to identify optimal cloud-based solutions whilst maintaining cloud infrastructure in-line with best practices.
It is crucial that the cloud engineer has the ability to engage with traders and support cloud initiatives across the wider organisation,
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with best practices and company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development life-cycle.
- Training teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Modifying and improving existing systems.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Designing, developing and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Identifying, analysing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Interacting with traders and technology staff, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on the firm's needs.
- Bachelor's or Technical degree in computer science or a related field
- 7+ years of experience working with AWS and a proven track record of building complex infrastructure on Linux
- Expert level knowledge with AWS design, architecture and services (EC2, IAM, S3 etc.)
- Well rounded knowledge of Cybersecurity, networking and tools to used
- Sound experience with Infrastructure as Code, Ansible
- Sound knowledge of server infrastructure, vitalisation, and cloud computing
- Experience with architecting and maintaining high availability production systems
- Experience in cloud based software installation, configuration and patching
- Knowledge of system monitoring in a cloud environment including cloud specific products and tools