Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct risk-based branch examinations in both FINRA-registered and non-registered Private Client Group branches across the United States.
- Thoroughly document testing activities in the branch examination system and associated work papers.
- Ensure that prescribed sampling methods are applied, yielding representative sample sizes.
- Exercise professional judgment to probe further when potential risk areas are identified.
- Assign appropriate risk weights to testing activities and findings.
- Clearly communicate examination findings to branch management, exam managers, and compliance leadership.
- Provide timely reporting of examination findings and follow up as required.
- Identify and escalate risks and adverse trends.
- Offer compliance support to business partners when necessary.
- Maintain regular interaction with Compliance and Supervision partners.
- Complete special and ad hoc reviews and projects in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to less-experienced peers.
Advanced knowledge of:
- Securities industry practices, broker/dealer compliance, and branch examinations.
- SEC, FINRA, and state securities regulatory agencies' rules and regulations.
- Fundamental investment concepts, practices, and procedures in the securities industry.
- Financial markets and products.
- Meticulous and comprehensive documentation of work.
- Clear, concise, cross-functional communication through written and verbal means.
- Identifying opportunities for developing, enhancing, and maintaining the branch examination program.
- Building strong, respectful, and trust-based relationships.
- Establishing credibility, presenting with confidence, and managing resistance effectively.
- Delivering challenging messages with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Proactively identifying emerging risk areas and trends and escalating them for mitigation recommendations.
- Problem-solving in complex environments.
- Navigating the organization to gather information and achieve objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of PCG policies and procedures.
- Shift focus between tasks without compromising work quality.
- Constructively address disagreements or conflicts to reach resolutions.
- Apply industry experience to anticipate compliance risks.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) and at least three (3) years of licensed examination experience OR An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training subject to approval by Human Resources.
- SIE required unless exemption or grandfathering is applicable.
- Series 7 and Series 24 are mandatory.
- Series 9/10 strongly preferred or the ability to obtain them within a specified timeframe.