Our client provides nationwide access to affordable mortgage credit. They are a leading source of funding for both homeowners and renters. They are focusing their efforts making the home-ownership process as easy as possible, while making sure to abide by industry best practices to ensure a continued housing recovery.
This is a multi-faceted role, and any Big Data Engineer could find themselves performing a range of tasks on any day of the week. Identifying, extracting, and delivering data in a usable format. This data is then given to others to evaluate.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you will work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex development projects. The Senior Big Data Engineer will be responsible for the development of new products and solutions, as well as enhancement of existing applications that will help to drive revenue for the firm and make a tangible impact on the P&L.
- 8-10 years of industry related experience
- Bachelors in Business or Computer Science related fields, Master or other advanced degree preferred
- Expert proficiency in coding in 1-2 languages (Java, Python, C++, Scala. etc.)
- Experience building put APIs for continuously growing data sets
- Big data tools: MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Docker, etc.
- AWS Cloud Services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- SQL and/or No-SQL database experience